Sunday, May 13, 2012

An unconventional journey...

Today my heart is full of gratitude. Gratitude to my own mom, who has been a model of love and dedication and who always, no matter what, has been my biggest cheerleader and supporter. When my journey of motherhood started at 18, she was next to me the ENTIRE time... never waivering. Helping with Connor so I could go to school, supporting my new little family in anyway she could, and letting me go when I knew it was time to begin new chapter. Thank you Momma...
I am so thankful my for 'other moms' who have stepped in when I needed them and have been amazing grandparents to my children...
I am grateful to my sisters and friends who have set incredible examples of what amazing mothers are... I learn from them everyday.

But most of all, I am thankful to my own four children who have taught me more about life, love, faith, and joy than I could have ever imagined. My journey as a mother has been unconventional to say the least. It began at 18, my first sememster at college. Gregg and I, along with my family, worked, scheduled, swapped cars, studied... and somehow made it through. Connor showed me a love that I neve knew existed. I will never forget looking at him for the first time and realizing that HE was why I was put on this planet. Nothing else mattered except for him and I was going to do everything possible to make the best life possible for him. He taught me that things will NOT always be easy.... But they will ALWAYS be worth it...

Three years later, our family welcomed our beautiful, beloved Brynnie. Her love of life, kind heart, and passion excite and challenge me. I envy her creativity and free spirit. I will forever be inspired by the light in her eyes and the joy in her heart.

I could never have imagined what the next chapter of my motherhood journey would hold...

Cowen and Lilly Kate have brought a joy to our family that is hard to put into words. Watching Cowen grow and learn has brings our family a joy that we never felt before. Cowen's faith inspires me... we never prayed as a family until he was here. I look at him and see a light.. a glow. He helped heal a grief that no one else could. When I was hurting like no mother should hurt, he was there. He was my silver lining on my cloudy days. He taught me that it's all going to be alright...

Lilly Kate has given me a gift that I will carry with me each day of my life. She gave me joy. I have never felt such pain and sadness... but, because of her, I know true joy. I have a faith that is deeper than ever. I live each day knowing that ultimately, everything is going to be alright. I know that life will work together for our good and His glory. I know that God chose ME to be her mother. I know that life, however short, is meanigful and it matters. Our joy is greater, our love is deeper, and our life is fuller... because of her.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! You brought tears to my eyes and a joy to my heart that only mothers know! Happy Mother's Day, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so beautiful, Lauren. You are one of the best mothers I know and I'm so proud to call you my friend! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn said it all. Love you Lauren and your amazing family!!

      Delete