Saturday, March 3, 2012

What's in a name?

Recently some friends of ours had a baby and were undecided on a name. They ended up printing out the names on two pieces of paper and big sister got to pick- cute! (Dad even got it on video!) This got me thinking about my kids' names...


Connor Michael- So I never knew what Connor meant- I just knew I loved it and had it picked out since 9th grade. Yes- weird- but it was a project for home-ec class! :) And since Gregg has 2 g's at the end of his name, we liked the double-consonant thing too. We decided to use our parents' names for middle names and Daddy Mike got the first honor! ;)


Brynn Susan- Not quite sure what Brynn means or where we got it but it was definitely always on the top of our list. We liked the double n's and that it was close to my mom's middle name, Lynn. But we didn't choose it- Connor did! I can't even remember what the other choices were now! And this girl is SUCH a Brynn- can't imagine her as anything else! :) We chose Susan because it is Gregg's mom's name.

Lilly Kate- When we found out she was sick, it didn't take us long to decide that Brynn would get to name her. We didn't even give her any choices- she completely came up with it on her own. (I think it might have been from a book we read.) I knew it was meant to be when I looked up the meanings of her names and discovered that both Lilly and Kate meant 'pure.' I knew she couldn't have chosen anything more PERFECT!

Cowen Robert- Gregg and I have always loved the name. And I have to admit, we originally got it from the old O.C. days- a character on the tv show was named Seth Cohen and they called him Cohen. When it came time to name our little man, we decided that even though we loved that name, we should maybe choose something more meaningful. Well, let's just say I don't think this is just any old coincidence... ; )
(Sorry about the random other stuff in the photo- obviously snapped it on my iphone screen!)


2 comments:

  1. I remember the other choice for Brynn....it was Katherine and we were going to call her Katie Sue...Like how I said "we" like I should have a part in naming your children LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do NOT remember that! HA- Glad we didn't pick that one! That's hilarious! :) I sure am glad you have such a good memory!

    ReplyDelete