Thursday, March 1, 2012

Words to live by...

I love quotes. I have collected them for years. I'm not great with words so it was always my 'journal' of sorts. Whether they were quotes about friendship, becoming a parent, love, happiness, faith, gratitude or grief, I can look back and remember where I was, how I felt, how I've changed, and how I've grown...
Our family has started our own collection of quotes of sorts. Some of them are mine and some of ones they kids have come up with but I think it kind of sums us up...

"Listen, be sweet, have fun." Short and simple- our life rules. This is what I tell them every day when I kiss them goodbye in the morning.

"I love you all the days." This is Cowen's! ;) I LOVE this and it makes my heart smile whenever he says it!

"It's always better to get better." This is my favorite- and it's Connor's! It seems so simple at first but the more I thought of it, the more I loved it! No matter how bad I think I'm doing at something, I can always do ONE thing better. So I only worked out once this week?? Well, it's better than the last three weeks when I worked out zero times! We remind eachother of this whenever we can.

"It's ok to be grumpy, it's not ok to be mean." This is a great one. And, I have to admit, I mostly use it with Brynn... although she has gotten SO much better. Whenever Brynn was little and she was cranky, I would remind her of this. I don't want my kids to think they have to be happy all the time, but it's not okay to take it out on others. I need this reminder myself sometimes, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment