Thursday, November 8, 2012

This crazy, hectic, messy life...

I'm exhausted. My workout today was tough and long. The lady that cleans our house is coming tomorrow and it was a wreck. We ate McDonald's for dinner. Gregg's at a work dinner. Did I mention I'm exhausted...

What could've been one heck of a rough evening has turned into anything but...

As we were cleaning the playroom tonight we ran across some old books- I got to listen to Connor read some of his favorite old stories to Cowen and it was the most precious thing! He- in his true little teacher fashion- would stop and explain the story along the way. Cowen would just laugh and loved every second! Then little momma Brynn helped Cowen take a shower, at just the right temperature, taking special care not to get water in his eyes! ;)

As Cowen was helping me hang up laundry later, he said "I helped you Mommy, that's because I'm special! I'm special because I have Lilly Kate in my heart." No clue how any of that relates to each other but I don't really care!! It is so special to know he still thinks about her and feels her with us too!

Now as I sit here listening to the them laugh as they play on the computer together, I just can't help but smile! So thankful for this crazy, hectic, messy life... And the moments of joy I discover in the midst of it all!

1 comment: