Friday, November 2, 2012

Conferences, carpools, costumes, & carnivals!

We have had a busy week at the Eide house! Whoever decided parent teacher conferences should be during Halloween week obviously does not have children- exhausting! But we sure did make the most of it. The good news is we had a great time carving pumpkins, going to Brynn's school carnival, and hanging out with friends...
 Connor and his creeper pumpkin... No clue what it is- something from one of his video games! ;)
 Brynn is loving all things Greek Mythology-related so she made a trident... I think?! ;)
Cowen has the most sensitive sense of smell EVER! He had to go in the other room while Daddy carved his Super Man pumpkin because he was gagging! (The final products looked great- Daddy always does an awesome job... but mom of the year here forget to get a picture. Geez.)


The sad news is I have come to the realization that I have big kids. Like for real. I didn't even get pictures of them before they headed out to trick or treat with their friends. : (  I know thy had way more fun with their friends and of course I'm so glad but-and I'd never thought I'd say this-but I miss the days of dragging little ones all over creation to squeeze in all the Halloween fun there is to be had...
Besides missing the big kids we had a perfect Halloween! We hung out in our 'hood with our favorite neighbors and some great friends. Captain America Cowen had a blast running around with his buddies! Afterwards, we brought the party back to our house and had a ball!
 (Holly took this one of Cowen when she was in town! Thank you, Lala!)
 
Brynn was Annabeth from her favorite book series- Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
Connor was an Angry Bird again this year but again- mom of the year didn't get a picture. Honestly don't think he was too disappointed though! ;)
 

In the past, Halloween has been rough for me because it's the day we found out Lilly Kate was sick. This year I was determined to make it a good day. As I was reading a Halloween story to my students on Wednesday, someone decided to pop in and say hello! ;)  Made. My. Day!!!!

1 comment: