Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet...or spoiled???

Poor sweet Cowen has been feeling yucky the past couple of days. He was running a fever Friday afternoon, threw up all over me Friday evening, had a horribe barking cough Friday night, and was at the the walk-in clinic by 10:00 am Saturday. We stayed home Monday but he wasn't really resting well- I think the steroids really threw him for a loop! Although he was tired I took him to school hoping he could make it through the day. By 8:15 he was practically falling asleep standing up so Papa Bob came to get him for a day of R&R. The boy slept all.day. Like literally from 9:00-3:00! Poor little guy was beat! Hopefully he is finally on the mend...


While we're on the subject of Cowen, am I the only one who can't wrap my brain around the fact that this child is about to be THREE?!?! When did this happen?? I'm afraid my entire family may be in need of a reality check. I think we all still look at him as our baby.. yes, all FOUR of us! I think I realized we had a problem the other night when Brynn and Cowen were going to bed. (And yes- Brynn sleeps in his bed with him almost every single night- we have since changed the rules to 'weekends only' so we can try to get that little booger to sleep earlier!) Cowen asked Brynn to do something and she politely told him no. He looked at me- totally shocked- "Mommy, Brynn told me no!" Obviously this is not something he is used to hearing very often! ;) Yes- we spoil him rotten and love him to pieces and I'm pretty sure he thinks he is the center of the universe. Part of me thinks we need to get this in check so I don't raise a selfish, narcissistic, ego-maniac... But then the other part of me knows that this baby, uh, kid, knows with every fiber of his being that he is LOVED, that he is special, that his light brings our family a joy that we can't ever imagine life without...



This picture is from this past summer but it's one of my favorites! :) We sure do LOVE this boy!

2 comments:

  1. Spoiled in the ways you spoil your kids is a GREAT thing! They are perfect and above all know they loved. Way to go, Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen! You rock!

    ReplyDelete