Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All You Need Is Love

I'm generally not a big fan of Valentine's Day. There's just so much stuff that I sometimes feel a lot of the real meaning can get lost. Gregg and I rarely celebrate- it's definitely more of a family holiday for us. On a good mom day in the past I have had a scavenger hunt for the kids with cutesy rhyming clues and candy and gifts for them to find at the end. Uh- not this year. It was the day before and I realized I had not one thing planned. If nothing else, a teacher can modify and go with the flow, so that is just what we did! We sat around the kitchen table armed with glue sticks, markers, and construction paper and went to town making homeade Valentines- even Gregg! Brynn made everyone a card with some sort of special coupon for something...






...And Connor made something different for each person. My favorite was the Razorback he drew for Gregg or the acrostic poem he wrote for Cowen... C-Crazy and fun, O- Out with the diapers!, W- Wow! You're awesome!, E- Everyone loves you, N- Never grumpy when you're around. :)






I will take these Valentines ANY day! I think we started a new family tradition! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww..I LOVE this! Your kids are so sweet...you are definitely doing something right with them. =)

    Chris and I have one v-day tradition...he makes me a card every year! I'm going to blog about it soon, promise. =)

    ReplyDelete